Friday, February 22, 2008

Unfortunately I Do Know Some Sad Stories Of People Who Have Lost Their Homes

For example in my local area there was a neighbor of mine who lived with her older father in a beautiful older home.

They lost their home because of not being able to pay their property taxes.

Now in my area there are two tax bills that owners get during the year. If these tax bills are not paid during the year then one has one additional year to pay them (including any additional fees and/or fines). If they are not paid then the property gets sold!

In this case their home was sold and they moved to somewhere where they are renting now.

I had known her (I won't print her name here) for awhile and never once did she mention that they were having problems with their tax bills. She did mention that there were problems but she didn't say what they were specifically.

The next thing I know I find out from another neighbor that they had moved because their house had been sold. There was a notice that was put on their door notifying everyone of the property's being sold.

A very sad story indeed!

No comments: